Tuesday, December 22, 2009

St. Nick It

I delivered my sister's family's gifts last week, mostly so Brady could have his Santa Brady bib and his Baby's First Christmas stuff in time for, well, Christmas.

While I was there, Blane showed me all of the ornaments on their tree &mdash the Pooh bears, the Goofy, the apple bell &mdash and saved the best for last: his own Cars Lightning McQueen and Sally from last year and, new this year, Luigi and Guido. Luigi's sporting his Ferrari finery, so I told Blane:

"You'd better watch Luigi when Uncle Cary comes over; he might try to nick it."

"I don't want him to... What does 'nick it' mean?" Blane asked, shifting from alarmed to confused.

"It means he'd steal it, he'd take it."

"I don't want him to nick it!"

I assured Blane that Cary wouldn't take Luigi but likely would admire him. He seemed okay with that idea... but it'll be interesting to see whether he keeps a close eye on Cary the next time he's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment